Wedding Planning Timeline
The Days Before
2-3 Days Before:
- Have your dress pressed or steamed, if needed.
- Wrap gifts. Prepare your gifts for each other, your bridal party, and your parents.
- Write any special thank-you notes. These might be to members of the wedding party or family and friends who have helped out with the wedding.
- Double-check details with ceremony and reception venues.
- Put everyone in order. Decide who’s walking down the aisle with whom and where they’ll stand.
- Hand off tasks. If the caterer or reception manager will be handling table cards or place cards, make sure they have the finished products. Ditto for anything else that those responsible for set-up may need.
- Confirm the flowers. Contact the florist and make sure they have your order correct and that they know when and where to deliver the blooms.
- Make sure your driver has the schedule. Confirm locations and pickup times with your limousine company.
- Settle toasts. Make sure everyone who’s giving a toast at the reception is ready to go.
The Day Before:
- Rehearse the ceremony.
- Take ceremony accessories to the site. This could include a unity candle or sand, aisle runner, or any other details that need to be in place.
- Give your marriage license to your officiant.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Hand out gifts. Give your bridesmaids their gifts at the rehearsal dinner, especially if they include jewelry or other accessories to be worn during the ceremony.
- Make sure everyone has the schedule. Let the wedding party know when they should be getting ready and tell them to stick to the schedule.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Try not to stay up too late celebrating.